Heat-Damaged Hair? Check out the Best Heat Protection for Hair! Reviews HERE
If the styling tool of your choice gives off heat, you’re probably familiar with the issue of heat damage. The sad truth is that once you abuse the heat styling, your tresses get frazzled. In most cases the damage caused to the hair fiber is so serious that you may consider cutting the strands off as the only solution. But what should you do if you can’t live without curling tongs or flat iron, but you want your hair to remain long? Fortunately, top cosmetic brands have found a way to help you create fabulous blowouts, keeping the hair safe from heat damage.
Below you’re going to find five short reviews of the best heat protection products for hair. Launched by different brands known worldwide, these sprays are designed to make it possible for you to get the hairstyle you want, without contributing to brittleness or splitting. They are also able to replenish nutrients and water to your strands, which is another massive plus you may take advantage of.
Heat protection for hair | TOP PRODUCTS |
1st PLACE: Nanoil, Heat Protectant Spray
With this product you can heat style the hair, setting your device’s temperature to 440°F/220°C. This spray gives you smoother, moisturized and nourished hair with a shiny finish. The non-greasy formula works for all hair types. Strands are tamed because frizz and static are combated. The protective coating is imperceptible and weightless. Nanoil Heat Protectant Spray is a high-quality and affordable cosmetic.
- Silk proteins – fill in the cracks and create a film on the hair to trap moisture; promote fuller-looking, smoother and shinier appearance; makes hair easily manageable
- Vitamin E – moisturizes, nourishes and revives hair; makes hair smoother and pleasant to the touch
- Polyquaternium-46 – softens the hair; combats frizz and static; smoothes hair’s cuticles for shinier appearance; increases hair’s resistance to damage
2nd PLACE: Moroccanoil, Protect and Prevent
This top-quality protectant shields your hair against temperatures reaching 440°F/220°C. It’s lightweight so it doesn’t make the hair stiff or weighed-down. Instead, it promotes hydration and a better-looking appearance. Thanks to Moroccanoil Protect and Prevent Spray, hair becomes soft to the touch and easy to style. Despite being costly, this spray is good at nourishing, protecting and reviving strands.
- Argan oil – makes hair smooth; restores hair elasticity; promotes smoothness
- Panthenol (pro-vitamin B5) – traps water in hair for increased hydration; adds shine
- Octylacrylamide / Acrylates / Butylaminoethyl / Methacrylate Copolymer – provide strong heat protection
3rd PLACE: OWay, Thermal Stress Protector
The well-known OWay created a strong protection for strands to shield them against all adverse effects of heat damage. It traps moisture inside the hair, ensuring lasting hydration. Interestingly, Thermal Stress Protector offers extra hold, keeping the style in place for long hours. Hair remains shiny, soft and moisturized. Even though some users don’t like the price, they definitely like the effects.
- White horehound extract – increases hair’s resistance to UV; makes hair stronger
- Shea butter – promotes hydration; leaves hair softer and stronger
- Organic black quinoa extract – protects the hair from mechanical damage and unfavorable weather conditions
4th PLACE: Monat Studio One, Thermal Protect Styling Shield
A top-rated cosmetic, loved by regular consumers and professional hair stylists. It costs a pretty penny but it delivers amazing results and protects against high temperatures (up to 440°F/220°C). Monat Studio One Thermal Protect Styling Shield makes hair resistant to UV, strong wind and high air humidity. It significantly minimizes the risk of breakage and splitting.
- Algae derivative – improves hydration in hair; adds shine; leaves hair better-looking
- PROCATALINE™ – this blend made up of pea extract protects the hair from external aggressors; defies aging
- CRODASORB™ – protects the hair; prevents color fading
- Hydrolyzed plant-based protein – shields hair against high temperatures and damage
5th PLACE: Joico, K-Pak Color Therapy
This bi-phase heat protection oil revives hair stressed due to heat styling and in-salon treatments such as coloring or bleaching. Joico K-Pak Color Therapy isolates strands from the high temperatures and prevents hair color from fading. Although it’s rich in nutrients and plant-based oils, it doesn’t drag strands down. Instead, it promotes easy styling and smoothness. It deals with frizz and static. Even though Joico K-Pak Color Therapy isn’t a budget-friendly heat protectant, it delivers promised results.
- Hydrolyzed keratin – penetrates deeply to reverse damage in the hair; leaves hair stronger and thicker
- Argan oil – nourishes and revives hair; increases moisture levels in hair; restores hair elasticity
- Manketti oil – prevents color fading; makes hair smoother and pleasant to the touch