Properties & beauty benefits of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has been known for its healing and conditioning properties for a long time. It is still a very popular component in at-home skin, hair and nail care treatments. Check how to use apple cider vinegar for the best beauty benefits.
What’s apple cider vinegar?
This product is made from mashed apples that you add yeast to. Bacteria included in yeast turn sugar into alcohol which in turns transforms into malic acid through fermentation. The best apple cider vinegar isn’t pasteurized and is clear of synthetic additives. Apple vinegar has a yellow and brown color. It’s sour and has a strong flavour.
What’s apple cider vinegar made of?
It contains lots of vitamins and minerals, including potassium, iron, copper, silicon, phosphorus, fluoride and vitamins B, A, C, E, P. There are also pectins, bioflavonoids, lactic acid, citric acid and vinegar acid.
The properties and effect of apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has antibacterial and antiseptic effect, as well as antifungal, antiaging, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties. Additionally, apple cider vinegar:
- satisfies thirst when mixed with water;
- regulates the functioning of intestines;
- regulates blood pressure and glucose levels, reduces risk of sclerosis;
- strengthens immunity system;
- helps fight reflux;
- alkalizes the body;
- lowers levels of bad cholesterol;
- helps get rid of dandruff and skin discoloration;
- treats ear infections, nail fungus, lices and warts;
- eliminates acne and blemishes;
- removes scale and stains, disinfects rooms killing bacteria;
- helps lose weight and detoxify the body;
- reduces scale in hard water.
How to use apple cider vinegar?
An adult can daily take up to two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar mixed with water. Use it similarly on skin. It’s important that you don’t exceed the daily dose since it would trigger numerous health problems. To make things worse, apple cider vinegar may burn your throat and irritate the skin so be careful. Nevertheless, the product has amazing effect on skin and hair, and is a great ingredient in homemade cosmetics.